Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tigers in April

April 6, 2008
Just a brief comment tonight and not a truly religious topic. But, how 'bout those Tigers?? I'm talking about the University of Memphis basketball team which soundly defeated UCLA last night in the Final Four. What a shot in the arm for my former hometown. I can only hope they do as well tomorrow in the national championship.
My daughter is a great fan of tigers. That is, she collects stuffed tigers and loves to read about the animal itself. Wants to be a zoologist when she grows up. This love of tigers originated in Calvin and Hobbes, I believe. So she is naturally a fan of U of M.
It takes a lot for a Kentucky native to change her basketball allegiance from UK, but after 12 years in Memphis I have to say that I'm more of a Tiger fan than a Wildcat fan at this point. And I'm not above saying a little prayer for their victory on Monday.

No comments: