Thursday, February 28, 2008

Receiving Communion

Feb. 28,2008
I was interested to read about the Vatican reviewing the practice of receiving the Eucharist in the hand rather than on the tongue, as in pre-Vatican II days.
I have no problem with changing back to the original way and think it could prevent the abuses mentioned in the story. I just wonder what effect that would have on Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist, as they must touch the host. I picked the story up off http://www.catholicity.com where it can be found in the commentary section. For some reason, I cannot get the whole URL to post in my blog.
Also of interest at Catholicity is a story about the Vatican requiring all seminaries to teach seminarians to say the Latin Mass. I think that is great, too. It is a beautiful part of the Church's heritage. It seems that Latin also is seeing a comeback in schools. I know it is taught in my homeschool where this week we learned Ego amo te - I love you, among other things.

No comments: