Friday, December 5, 2008

still grateful

Dec. 5, 2008

I'm still grateful, in spite of the terrible news of layoffs today. What I am most grateful for is that my husband still has a job, although it is a very stressful one. I would be glad and grateful to go back to work myself to relieve some of this stress.

That said, I'm still grateful to still be able to homeschool my children. I see progress! I see a kid who can add, subtract, divide and multiply well. The same kid, after first grade, could not count back from 20. Just two years and a few months later, she has made tremendous progress.

I was grateful on Wednesday to be able to make cookies with my kids and practice the songs they will sing as part of the Christmas Choir for the Christmas Eve family Mass at our VA church.

And I'm grateful to have insurance that allows my husband to get a cardiology workup that shows he is in good shape. I am grateful to get flu shots for the kids and an eye exam for myself.
I am grateful to be finishing up the last of my Thanksgiving leftovers (more soup). And I'm grateful that I have discovered a Save-A-Lot in this VA town. We had one so close in our Tenn. home.

Obviously, I'm focused on finances. But I am grateful for other things as well. I am especially glad my 7-year-old son will receive his first Sacrament of Reconciliation tomorrow and that I will participate in the service by leading the Rosary for those waiting in the Church. We have more than 50 kids making First Reconciliation. Still getting used to the big church:).

God bless you all this season.

No comments: