Monday, December 8, 2008

And another day

Dec. 8, 2008
The best part of today was going to Mass for Immaculate Conception. The church was beautiful and the priest was on target. Although Mary was conceived without sin, he said, her life was never any easier than ours is. After all, our Baptism washes away our original sin and we have all of the opportunities to receive God's grace in the sacraments. We can look to Mary as our model in saying "Yes" to God.
I know I receive God's grace, but I would love to receive some of his wisdom!
I am in a quandry. My husband's job goes from bad to worse. It pays well, yes, but the stress is tremendous and he is as unhappy as I've ever seen him. His only happiness is us - and food! And I am thinking of going back to work to lighten the financial load on him and allow him to take something less stressful. But I don't know what it would be as his job is so specialized. And I'm in that quandry. This is our third year of homeschooling and I don't want to just throw the kids back into school. And I'm not sure I would send them to public school - although would save money.
So, I don't know what to do and I need some guidance. Perhaps I will look to Mary and the book of Proverbs for that. I am extremely grateful to be a Catholic and to know that I have so many sources of guidance.

No comments: