Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My biggest fan

Oct. 17, 2007
Well, the industrial fans are gone. Thank God. We had them going for 12 days to dry out the floor. Sunday was the last day of fans. It was the kind of day you have to look back on and laugh, but when you're in it, it's not funny.
It's the kind of day where you clean the bathtub grout with your own toothbrush and don't realize you've done it until it's too late.
It's the kind of day where only one of your three bathrooms is working.
It's the kind of day where you are 20 minutes late for Mass and you have to stand in the back the whole time.
It's the kind of day on which your kind husband takes the kids out for a hike while you take a much-needed nap.
And then the kids and I took two days off from school and just relaxed and got some things done for the house and unpacking and shopping. So now I'm feeling almost normal again.
I just re-read The Story of a Soul by St. Therese, the Little Flower. It made a greater impression this time -- her incredible faith and love for God and her total abandonment to Him.
And then yesterday I saw a quote from the saint whom I chose as a patron when I entered the Church -- another doctor of the church named Teresa -- at the end of an email. This quote should be my motto for life and so I'll post it here because it is a great reminder to us all:
"Let nothing trouble you, let nothing make you afraid. All things pass away. God never changes. Patience obtains everything. God alone is enough." -- St. Teresa of Avila

No comments: